Saturday, February 28, 2015

be someone else.

This is it folks. This is the part in my academic journey where I have to take on the role of an athlete and sprint to the finish line. I am not a runner, but Zach tells me this is the best part of the competition. This is supposed to be the energizing, uplifting, soul soaring part of the race. You see the finish line, now go get it!!!

credit: Norman W. Lewis

... except I'm not athlete. I've never competed in anything. I imagine the finish line and I feel the burden on my shoulders double in weight. My feet are dragging, my brain is empty, my eyes are straining, my body is tired, and my spirit falling fast. I want to rejoice, but then I remember this is only the qualifying race. Boo.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...