Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Homemade Healing Salves


I spent the evening making some salves using oils we've infused with our homegrown calendula. I also have a chamomile and lavender infused oil that I made using the organic dried flowers we put in our stuffed animals and "jars"!



The process is fairly simple. You infuse oils with flowers and herbs for at least 4-6 weeks. Strain, add some beeswax and stir into a consistency that works for you! I added some essential oils, but this step is totally optional. You can look at this website for more details. The hardest part is cleaning up your pot after you are done. I find the best way to do this is to rub some baking soda into your pot to lift the grease and wax.


All the homemade salve will come in handy this winter when my skin is dry and itchy. I like that I can use something that I made, with ingredients that I know. I let Zach design some labels for the bottles that I'm sending to our nephew and cousin, and this is what he came up with! Pretty funny, huh?


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...