Wednesday, February 5, 2014

My first time sledding!

Last night, it snowed so hard that class was cut short.


Zach came and picked me up from school but I wasn't ready to go home yet, so he suggested that we grab the camera and go take some pictures. We pulled on our boots and went trudging through the thick snow. There was already about 5 inches of fresh snow on the ground.


The sky was a sombre grey. And it was eerily quiet in the neighborhood.


We made it to Happy Hollow Park. The steep sloped entrance to the park was a tad difficult to navigate. The snow was apparently piled atop a sheet of ice. So Zach led the way. We walked a little, slid a little, and found ourselves amongst some stately trees.


We tried taking more pictures but it was hard fumbling with the camera with gloved hands and frozen fingers. Finally, we gave up and decided to head home. When we got back up the slope, Zach paused and told me he was going to sled down the little ice-covered hill. I watched him. It looked too fun. So I told Zach  I wanted to sled too. I plopped my butt on the ice, and whoosh! It was my first time sledding and it was awesome!!! I trudged back up, and went another two times. By the time we were done, we were running home because we were drenched from head to toe in cold, wet snow!


In the forecast for today: more snow!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...