Friday, May 17, 2013

Mini May Garden Update

The weather in NW Indiana is finally pepper friendly! Which means we have to clear out our raised bed to get it ready for pepper plants. Yesterday I harvested baby greens and transplanted whatever I could save. The salad greens and the kale were just starting to grow real lush and it traumatized me to have to pick them already. But the peppers have to go in the ground this week ...




And besides, we did get a really great salad out of the baby greens so it wasn't a total loss.



The Chinese vegetables were definitely feeling the heat. Most of them started growing really tall and flowering. I tried to pick whatever I could for a simple mixed greens stir-fry, and I managed to save a little tray of the Hong Kong baby cabbage.

8 pepper plants have taken the place of the greens in the raised bed. We bought 5 of them, and 3 are our very own seedlings! Our garden is growing at an amazing rate. I can't wait to give a full garden update at the end of the month!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...